Swanson Alfalfa Seed 400 mg 60 capsules
- For general nutrition
- Traditional herb
- The benefits of alfalfa tea in a convenient capsule
Alfalfa promotes general health as well as lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. Many people brew alfalfa tea, but Swanson Full Spectrum Alfalfa Seed capsules make taking this herb simple and convenient. Alfalfa is one of the oldest cultivated crops and has been part of dietary and healthcare practices for centuries. Alfalfa is used for various purposes at almost every stage of its development, from seed to sprout to leaf.
Supplement Facts: Serving Size 1 Capsule
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Alfalfa Seed (Medicago sativa)||400 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established.
Other ingredients: Rice flour, gelatin, calcium palmitate, silica.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule one to two times per day with water.
WARNING: Do not take this product if you have lupus.
There are a number of impressive HEALTH BENEFITS associated with alfalfa, including its ability to lower cholesterol levels, improve digestion, protect heart health, prevent cancer, improve respiratory conditions, detoxify the body, aid immunity, speed healing and reduce inflammation.
- Lower Cholesterol Levels
- Reduce Inflammation
- Speeds up metabolism
- Speed Healing
- Immune System Boost
- Detoxify the Body
- Prevent Cancer
- Alfalfa works by helping to neutralize and reduce high uric acid levels in your blood, but it also has natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making it a good choice to consume alfalfa for the gout sufferer.
- Alfalfa increases the pH levels in the body which then enables it to dissolve uric acid crystals.
- Respiratory Health: Traditionally, alfalfa was widely used in the treatment of respiratory conditions, such as bronchitis the flu and the common cold, as well as other viral and bacterial infections. Alfalfa has anti-inflammatory ptoperties, which made it useful in treating various breathing conditions, such asthma, while also strengthening the immune system to neutralize the underlying infections attacking the respiratory tracts.
- Protect the Heart: Potassium and iron are both found in significant supply within alfalfa, and these benefit the heart in different ways. Potassium is a vasodilator which helps to lower blood pressure by releasing the tension on blood vessels and arteries. Furthermore, the iron content of these sprouts boosts red blood cell production, thus improving circulation and ensuring that the body’s organ systems are properly oxygenated. This puts less strain on the heart because the extremities will be demanding less blood and oxygen from an already overworked heart.