Bamboo Extract 300 mg 60 vcaps
Swanson superior herbs
- Features even more silica than horsetail grass
- Standardized to 70% organic silica from bamboo extract
- Bamboo Extract supports hair, skin and nail health.
“My hair and nails are growing so fast and looks healthier too!” ~product review by Savanah29
Supplementing with quality silica like our Bamboo Extract is a great way to ensure healthy intake and nourish the vital tissues that depend on this essential nutrient.* You probably already know horsetail grass is a great source of silica, but it’s nothing compared to bamboo. While horsetail is about 7% silica by weight, bamboo extract boasts an average 70% silica concentration! The average healthy adult maintains approximately 20 grams of silica within the body, but that level tends to drop with age due to reduced assimilation and other factors.
Serving Size 1 Veggie Capsule
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Bamboo Extract(Bambusa vulgaris) (stems) (standardized to 70% silica)||300 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established.
Other ingredients: Rice flour, hypromellose (vegetable capsule), magnesium silicate.
Suggested use: As a dietary supplement, take one veggie capsule per day with water.
Supplements containing Bamboo Extract are the richest source of silica containing 70% of organic silica which is roughly ten times more potent for a more prominent effect on healthy hair, skin and strong nails. Bamboo Extract helps: to build healthy bones, teeth and nails.
Bamboo Extract is a new health supplement that claims to boost your skin, hair, and bone health by providing high levels of silica. Find out if bamboo extract actually works today in our benefits guide.
Bamboo Extract, also known as bamboo water, is a purified and condensed form of bamboo. It’s typically sold in the form of a liquid, although you can sometimes find it in a dried powder – like in capsule supplements.
The extract comes from the leaves and stalks of bamboo. It’s officially known as Bambuosa vulgaris. Bamboo is an edible plant that grows naturally throughout the tropics.
For years, bamboo has been eaten by animals – including pandas – and used by humans to make furniture. Today, however, scientists have realized that bamboo has some powerful benefits locked within its stalks and leaves.
Bamboo is one of the world’s best organic sources of silica. Silica deficiencies can lead to unfortunate health problems, including poor-quality skin and hair and an increased risk of wrinkles.
In days gone by, people would try to get their daily recommended silica intake through horsetail extract supplements. These supplements provide just 5% to 8% organic silica by weight. Bamboo extract, on the other hand, contains 70% organic silica by weight, which means it’s 10 times more potent than most popular silica supplements on the market today.
As the body ages, we produce less and less silica. In fact, many people 40 years of age and older are silica-deficient and they don’t even know it.
Bamboo extract works by raising the body’s natural levels of silica. When your body gets its recommended daily value of silica, you can experience the following benefits:
- Benefits of Bamboo Extract capsules:
- Promotes hair growth to alleviate hair loss and thinning hair
- Strengthens weak, brittle and fragile nails
- Supports joint health
- Maintains vascular and heart health
- Supports nervous and glandular system health
- Builds healthy bones, nails and teeth
- Prevents wrinkles and keeps skin beautiful
- Bamboo silica supplements have a powerful influence on the absorption of minerals required by the body for optimal health. Silica enhances the function of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and boron, and is essential for normal bone development. Silica helps to maintain the correct calcium-magnesium balance which is essential for bone health.Bamboo Extract Plus also contains biotin. Biotin is one of several vitamins that play a role in the growth of healthy, thicker hair. Biotin also helps to strengthen weak brittle nails.
Many people notice after they turn 40 that they start to lose their hair or their skin starts to become noticeably more wrinkled. Obviously, some of these effects are expected as you age – but by taking silica supplements like bamboo extract, many people have been able to reduce the effects of aging on their body.
If you don’t like bamboo extract, then you can also get your silica from other dietary sources, including certain unrefined cereals, apples, cherries, almonds, oranges, fish, seeds, and oats.
Ultimately, bamboo extract is thought to be the most bio-available form of silica on the planet.